Applicants must meet the following requirements for RN to BSN admission:
- Complete Colorado Mesa University Application and submit application fee and transcript.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduated from a school regionally accredited by one of the following agencies:
- Regionally accredited agencies include:
- MSA - Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- NWCCU - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- NCA-HLC - North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- NEASC-CIHE - New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- SACS - Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- WASC - ACCJU Western Association of Schools and Colleges for Community and Junior Colleges
- WASC - ACSCU-Western Association of Schools and Colleges for Senior Colleges and Universities
- Successfully completed an associate degree or diploma program in nursing accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC)and as part of the degree. All prerequisites must be completed prior to starting the program. The following must also have been attained:
- Successful completion of at least 38 Nursing credits
- Successful completion of Human Growth & Development
- Successful completion of Pathophysiology
- Those working towards an RN license are encouraged to apply. Students who have not yet completed their RN license may take the following courses: "Developing the Baccalaureate Role (NURS 300)," "Health Informatics (NURS 408)," and "Quality Improvement (NURS 409)" in their first three accelerated sessions, at which time the RN license must be earned in order to continue in the program.
Official Transcripts can be mailed to:
Colorado Mesa University Office of Admissions
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501-3122
Electronic Transcripts should be emailed to:
Below is a list of electronic transcript delivery services.
- National Transcript
- National Student Clearinghouse
International Admissions Requirements
If you are an international registered nurse and you want to practice in the United States, getting licensed in the US is necessary prior to applying for CMU's RN to BSN Online. The following steps* may assist you in this process:
- Complete a Foreign Educated Nurses (FEN) refresher course. The course consists of 120 hours in the classroom and 120 hours of clinical practice under the supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse.
- Have all of your transcripts professionally evaluated by CGFNS International. Request their Credentials Evaluation Service Professional Report.
- You'll be required to take one of the English language tests below:** You can take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Must be taken within a year of admission to the University
- Minimum score of 83 on Internet-based TOEFL, with a minimum of 26